Friday, November 11, 2011

HTC Hero Android Phone (Sprint) - One Of The First Android Phones On The Market

I love and hate this phone. I love the Android operating system. It is very elegant and easy to use. The market is full of applications, and was able to find a use for what to do. I used several Android phone models and is generally found that the Android operating system is reliable and stable. The phone and the user interface is visually appealing. In other words, the phone and operating system are very beautiful.

HTC is known to add your changes to the internal functioning of all its phones, and this is no exception. HTC Android phone has changed, so it's nice, and in some cases, easier to use. However, these changes may also bring problems, as I will explain below.

There also appears to have serious quality problems based on the HTC. The first phone that I had been a recurring problem that caused the voice recognition does not work the first time. If more than 30 seconds passed and I tried to use it, it would be wrong for the first time, no matter what I said. This was a minor problem, but there's really no reason he should have taken place on a phone and not another. I have a replacment phone and voice recognition works now, but it takes forever (up to 20 seconds after I stop talking) to work at a time. There are a ton of messages on the Internet for voice dialing problems on this phone and I'm not the only complaint.

The voice dialing is a big problem with this phone because the phone does not have tactile keys. When driving and you want to make a phone call, you can call a normal phone keypad to the touch. Because this phone does not have the keys, you must look at the keyboard, or you must use the voice dialing. The voice dialing other phones (including this article Samsung, and also a lot of my old Motorola RAZR) can work very well. Unfortunately, this phone simply does not.

HTC also makes the Nexus One of Google, and also received mixed reviews on quality issues. Worse, my first hero also had repeated software crashes you have to have worked well, including the application used to program the phone with your phone number and MSID. These are the basic functions of the phone, and you really should do crash.

My second phone is still application to crash applications that I know it works properly, and do not work properly on other phones. For example, today, the telephone numbering application crashed. The use of telephone numbers is the application that offers a keyboard so you can use the phone. This is a database application, and should never crash. However, the HTC Hero crashed for me today. I suspect that changes in Android HTC are responsible, because the problems are occurring in different phones HTC Hero, and I found that other Android phones are very reliable.

While the changes are the HTC Android OS visually appealing, they also replace text-based labels that are easy to understand icons often confusing. HTC also changes to the phone takes about 30 seconds longer to boot. There is simply no reason why HTC is necessary to do this to its customers. Honestly, I'd rather they at least give me the ability to disable their improvements ...

(Update: Apparently, you can remove at least some of them: Go Home, press the MENU key, press the settings, press applications, control applications, printing, wait for OS to calculate the use of applications, scroll through the 'list until you see the HTC Sense and select it to go to Information application, press the Delete button defaults, press the Home key. You will be prompted to select the application to compete with the action. Select the house and decided to make this the default action. SenseUI If you want back, follow the same instructions, but instead of selecting "HTC Sense" Applications, select the application in C alled "Home" (not the home button) and remove the default values.)

The processor can also be a bit slow. I noticed several times that the phone seemed to miss the fact that I pushed some buttons. For example, in order to respond to calls in a modified HTC, you have to slide your finger across the screen. On several occasions, I have missed calls because the phone does not register my slide up the call went to voicemail.

Why not use the hard buttons? Good question! Layout of the buttons to answer a call, and makes them very difficult to use when someone is in the hands of medium and large, so it is difficult to push one of them, without at the same time, pushing some other buttons to close. Volume is a little 'low, which makes it almost useless when you're in the car.

Also, if you have a Bluetooth headset and you're used to using the voice activation button, you will be disappointed. For some reason, HTC d idn't properly implement this feature. So if you press the button on a Bluetooth headset or speaker phone, nothing happens. Again, this is a basic feature of most phones manufactured today, and I am surprised that HTC have not implemented their flagship Android phone.

I also used a Motorola Cliq (which also runs Android) and the Samsung Moment and found them worthy of trust. Time is definitely a better screen, is slightly larger than the hero, and has a sliding keyboard. Given my experience so far, I think I prefer the time. Although it is a little bigger and I do not mind a sliding keyboard, which are not compatible with applications crashing on the HTC Hero.

0 comments:

Post a Comment